With Fishbowl Time & Labor, you have the ability to import your employees from a spreadsheet file, as well as export all employee data to a file. Read the following document for instructions on how this can be done.
- Prepare a spreadsheet that has employee data*. See below to view example. (You can export a sample file by Exporting Employees first, or clicking Sample Excel during Import).
- Navigate to the Employees module and click on Import Employees..
- Select whether or not you want to Add new employees or Edit existing employees.
- Choose the file to be imported.
- Click Upload to complete the import.
- *The order of the columns in the spreadsheet must match the order in the Excel template.
- *The following Employee Data can be imported/edited:
- First name
- Last name
- Employee is Active (0 = Not active or 1 = Active)
- Permission to clock in on app (0 = No access or 1 = Access)
- Management permission (0 = No access or 1 = Access)
- Hourly Rate
- Positions (If positions don’t exist, new positions will be created on import. Add-on must be enabled.)
- Department (If departments don’t exist, new departments will be created on import. Add-on must be enabled.)
- PTO Sick
- PTO Vacation hours
- Any error messages or problems with the import will be emailed to the admin user.
- When editing employees, an ID is needed and can be obtained by exporting the employees first. For creating new employees, the ID column can be left blank.
To export employees and all their data, navigate to the Employees module and click Export Employees.